Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I had a wonderful revelation..

.. while on vacation. It was wonderful just to be in our own little sphere, and observe people around us. There were tall, short, round, slender, fit, pudgy, tan, pale, bright red, old and young people all around us. And a wonderful mix of couples - fit, with chunky, tall with short, tan with red, and so on.. and it was wonderfully liberating to walk around on the beach in my bikini, and not worry about my flabby tummy or thick arms.

And.. I finally came ro the wonderful conclusion that the next guy I DO date, will have to be an extraordinarily great guy. He's got to love my imperfections, my battle scars, and adore ME.
No more complaints about my weight, abt nor having a haircut every 3 weeks, abt what I eat or how I dress. No more leeches, no more selfishness.

And.. I am all done being the 'man' or the mom, in the relationship.

Not ever again. I'd rather be on my own, if that's the case.

My tummy.. has cool stretchmarks.. without them Maddie wouldn't be here. My ribcage has a cool scar, without it *I* might not be here. My self worth was a bit shattered, but.. I am working on re-building it, and am doing a decent job.

I have fold, and flabby pieces of skin, but.. as long as I can accept them, whoever I chose as my mate will have to accept them, too..

No comments: