Monday, June 4, 2012

and second passport almost done

went to the federal building today, to get missM's passport done.. had an appointment for 8am, and we got there with 5 minutes to spare. Wise of past visits to consulates and other government buildings, i left my cell phone in the car.. We get to the check-in counter, check in, and then stand in line outside the door for 25 minutes before we even get to enter the building.

We dump our bags, shoes and belts in the trays for the metal detector, and a man scans them. He mutters something about a camera in my purse.. and i had forgotten i have my regular camera in there.. Nothing to do, but to put my shoes back on, trudge back to the car, drop off the camera (and various other items from my purse, juuuust in case) trudge back to the door, wait for our turn again (fortunately we got to bypass the main line this time), go thru the metal detector, and back in another line. This one was super fast, only 1 person in front of us in line.. We get to the window, present all the documents, wait for a minute while the woman behind the 1" thick glass window makes copies of my ID and travel plans, then get handed back the stack of papers, and a number, and are asked to sit down to wait.

Again.

i have number 157.
The number being called right as i sit down is 140.
An hour later my number is being called.
At least from that point on the appointment was really fast, he went over the paperwork again, and asked a couple of questions, all while Maddie was trying to reach inside his window. :) Then we were handed a receipt, and were asked to come back on Wednesday after 11am, to pick up the passport. A LOT sooner than expected..
but.. this means.. THE TRIP IS ON!!! :)

yay, yay, YAAAAAY!!!!!

also realized over the weekend that i am gonna have to spend the majority of the 5 days there in the shade. We went to the park on Sunday for a couple of hours, and i got SO burned.. My lower arms, and my neck.. :) I've got a perfect 'farmers tan'. :)I'll have to find some time this upcoming weekend to try to get used to the sun before we leave.. Maybe even use the pool and sun chairs at home? :)
MissM was fine, however, as i slathered her in SPF50 sunscreen before we headed to the park.

I'll be back. .C

No comments: